Sunday, October 30, 2011

Me!...again...

This isn't my first blog but I found I didn't really have time for my last one so it didn't get too far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time that I manage to keep up with it. Not because I'm hoping to have a lot of followers...not that it wouldn't be nice...but because I've found writing my thoughts in an actual journal doesn't work so well with little ones running around the house. My 50 journals stashed around my house have all become coloring books at some point no matter how well hidden I think they are. They can't color on my computer. Well, actually, they can, but at least they can't ruin my journal hahaha. So this is my attempt to get my thoughts down and keep them straight for a change. I have one of those minds that goes in 5 billion places at any given moment and I have no idea whether I'm coming or going most times. I can't even clean my house properly with my OH standing over me giving me directions on what I was doing a second ago. I'll go to pick up in one room, see something that doesn't belong, go to put it up and get distracted with how messy the next room is and nothing ever really seems to get done. Hopefully if I can manage to keep my head clear, that will get better. Hopefully...
SN: I ordered the Advocare 24 Day Challenge pack a week ago and today is Day 3 of my 24 Days. For those who don't know what Advocare is, it's a type of weight loss product. It's not one of those lose weight fast kind of things. It's a series of vitamin supplements and such to get your body in a healthier state. And it's expensive. The only reason I got it is because a friend got me a discount and I really need to lose some weight. I'm 145 lbs. I know to many that doesn't sound like a lot but on someone who is barely over 5 ft tall, that's a lot.  In any case, I feel I should warn anyone who decides to look it up and try it out. It is a lot of pill taking. A lot. I mean a whole lot. The whole darn thing is basically pills. I got 6 boxes of supplies in and half of them were nothing but pills. You get 2 boxes of powder energy drink, 1 box of powder meal replacement shakes, and the other boxes are the many, many pills. I feel like I can't stress the amount of pills enough. My problem is trying to remember to take them all. Some in the morning, some at lunch, some at dinner, some in the evening. And it's constantly changing up on what pills to take on what days at what time. And the fiber drinks...wow. There's only 6 of them spread out through the first 10 days of the 24. That's the good news. They are awful. I mean, really awful. I gag trying to get those things down. They are very grainy in texture. You have to drink them immediately after making them otherwise it starts to thicken and it gets impossible to get down without putting more water in it. Its one of those turn your head up and open your throat and just pour it down as quickly as possible. The energy drinks are pretty good though. Kind of taste like Kool-Aid. And they do actually give me an energy boost first thing in the morning. By the end of the day I feel about ready to crash but that may be because I've been going harder through my days with that extra energy than I used to so my body's still adjusting to the extra stress. So far I'm not exactly thrilled with this whole package but it is only Day 3. I have 21 more to go. Hopefully the results will make it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment